Senator Lesser, Rep. Wagner to Host Economic Development Hearing at STCC
Testimony on several bills sponsored by local officials to be heard
SPRINGFIELD — Senator Eric P. Lesser and Representative Joseph F. Wagner will be bringing the State House to Western Mass on Tuesday for a public hearing of the Joint Committee on Economic Development and Emerging Technologies, which they chair.
“We thought it was important to have this hearing in Western Mass so that those proposing laws directly affecting our communities could actually see the impact they would have,” said Sen. Lesser.
“As we examine matters pending before the committee, we've made it a priority to ensure Western Massachusetts residents have the opportunity to weigh in as we move through the committee process,” said Rep. Wagner.
WHO: Senator Eric P. Lesser
Representative Joseph F. Wagner
WHAT: Sen. Lesser and Rep. Wagner, the Senate and House Chairmen of the Joint Committee on Economic Development and Emerging Technologies, will hold the committee’s third public hearing at Springfield Technical Community College. They will be hearing testimony on some of the bills before the committee, including:
- An Act relative to electronic filing fees for limited liability companies, introduced by Rep. Brian Ashe
- An Act to establish the Western Massachusetts balanced sustainable development commission, introduced by Rep. Bud Williams
- A Resolve establishing a special legislative commission on young professionals, introduced by Sen. James Welch
- An Act relative to the development of a strategy supporting micro businesses in inner city communities, introduced by Rep. Carlos Gonzalez
- An Act to establish Gateway City Opportunity Zones, introduced by Sen. Lesser
(Full list of bills below)
WHEN: Tuesday, September 19, 1-4 p.m.
WHERE: Scibelli Hall - Building 2, Springfield Technical Community College, 1 Armory St, Springfield, MA 01105